Care Warrior /ˈker ˈwôrēər/
An individual who takes care of a person who is not able to care for themselves. Care Warriors are CAREGIVERS, ADVOCATES and CHAMPIONS for their loved one. They may assume the roles of nurse, doctor, financial counselor, chef, dietitian, pharmacist, activity director, miracle worker, valet, housekeeper, companion, legal advisor, mind reader, spiritual advisor, administrative assistant and stylist. Care warriors possess high levels of patience and unconditional love and are resilient, consistent and flexible. Sense of humor required.
Our Respite Scholarship allows families to take a "break for a day" by providing financial assistance to cover the costs of respite care.
Connect with other caregivers who know and understand through our monthly support group and social outings.
WHAT WE DO
Caring for the Caregiver by giving you space to breath
and the resources you need to thrive.
Every 65 seconds someone in the united states develops dementia.
1 in 3
WITH ALZHEIMER'S OR RELATED DEMENTIA. IT KILLS MORE THAN BREAST CANCER AND PROSTATE CANCER COMBINED.
Hours of CaRE WHERE prOVIDED by 16 Million UNPAID CAREGIVERS... with total care VALUED AT NEARLY $234 BILLION in 2018.
- Sat, Aug 05The Senior SourceAug 05, 9:00 AM – 2:00 PMThe Senior Source, 3910 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75219
- Sat, May 27Fort WorthMay 27, 9:00 AM – 2:00 PMFort Worth, 4660 Horne St, Fort Worth, TX 76107, USA
- Sat, Feb 26Via Zoom. Register OnlineFeb 26, 2022, 9:00 PM – 9:05 PMVia Zoom. Register Online
- Mon, Dec 20To RSVP: tinyurl.com/TalkAA21Dec 20, 2021, 2:00 PM – 3:30 PMTo RSVP: tinyurl.com/TalkAA21
- Wed, Nov 17ZoomNov 17, 2021, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMZoom